Why attending Kindergarten is important for your child:
- It gives your child a great start for ongoing learning at school and beyond. Attendance at Kindergarten and exposure to a high quality early childhood programme will provide them with well developed skills in areas such as communication, reading, numeracy, problem solving and socialisation.(Te Whaariki is the Early Childhood curriculum designed to develop the whole child and is the foundation of our Kindergarten programmes)
- Employment of trained and registered teachers is considered critical to the delivery of a quality early childhood education.
- Our Kindergartens’ rigorous programme planning provides the foundation for your child to become a confident, competent and successful learner.
- Through their play and subsequent learning opportunities your child is encouraged to explore literacy, numeracy, science, physical development, the Arts, social interaction and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) provided during their time with us.
- Safe, secure, comfortable surroundings and challenging playgrounds ensure your child is extended to optimise their abilities and encourage their exploration of the world around them.
- Through their own life experiences teachers are able to enrich the programmes for enhancement of children’s learning and thus facilitate a seamless transition to school for the children and their families.
- As a parent and caregiver you are welcome to participate fully in the life of the Kindergarten, providing you with opportunities to be involved in your child’s education – a vital key to your child’s success and achievement in life-long learning.